To be a national catalyst for a vibrant dairy community.
With passion and creativity at the core of everything we do, DBMMC listens and acts based on shared values. We advocate for the evolution of dairy while respecting agricultural heritage and collaborate to ensure success for the dairy farmers of today and tomorrow.
Our core values
- We put members first.
- We foster a culture of mutual trust and loyalty.
- We love our communities and value the relationships between farmers and their community.
- We work hard and adapt to change.
What is DBMMC?
We are a cooperative owned by dairy farmers who ship their milk to privately-owned dairy plants. We represent our members at the federal level in regards to the Federal Milk Marketing Orders. Our members are dairy farmers of all sizes across nine different states in the Midwest.
- Founded in 2010 with double digit growth since inception, making us the fastest growing co-op
- Led the way in reducing the overall co-op cost to the producer while adding value through educating, advocating and collaborating
How we are different
- Member Driven
- Membership contract is "at-will": No anniversary dates
- Each member automatically receives an individual vote on Federal Order reforms-no bloc voting
- Create dialogue with our members to improve communications and services
- Industry Advocate
- Educate and inform regulators and policy makers on issues that affect dairy farmers such as immigration, food safety, environmental regulations, and export markets
- Communicate the facts about our industry to build trust and integrity with all stakeholders and consumers
- Verification of milk and milk components at testing labs as required by Federal Order
- Bulk tank calibrations to assure accurate milk weights
- Current information via weekly e-mails and monthly newsletters
- Disaster assistance plan for milk loss during unexpected events
- Scholarships for future dairy leaders